Thursday, October 31, 2013

Meanwhile...

While I don't think I agree that Mr. Dressup could literally kick Big Bird's ass in a real fight (Big Bird's closely related to the Phorusrhacids, right? And his best friend is a wooly mammoth?), he was my favorite television star when I was a toddler. The above scene is from Elaine M. Will's Look Straight Ahead, which is about a teenager suffering from mental illness, and not about Mr. Dressup, whose only appearance is in the cameo I sampled above. For my review of Will's graphic novel, you can visit Robot 6.

I also have a new review up at Good Comics For Kids; it's of The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror #19, Bongo's annual Halloween-themed horror anthology special, so make sure you read it before the night is out, because it will no longer be relevant come November 1.

No comments: